Advertisement

Superior Man Injured Trying to Put Out House Fire

A Superior man was injured Thursday while he was trying to put out a fire at his home.¬† A Superior man was injured Thursday while he was trying to put out a fire at his home.¬† |  Photo: WDIO/MGN

Updated: February 13, 2020 10:19 PM

A Village of Superior man was injured Thursday while he was trying to put out a fire at his home. 

Advertisement

The Superior Fire Department says they were called to the fire at the home on the 6800 Block of Odgen Avenue around 1:23 p.m. They arrived to heavy smoke and fire coming from windows of the home. 

The man told authorities he had just tried to take a nap in the bedroom when he smelled smoke. He tried to put out the fire first before running outside to call 911 with the help of a passerby. 

He was taken to a local hospital with minor injuries. 

Authorities were able to put out the fire. The home suffered significant damage. Loss is estimated at around $25,000. 

The Fire Department says the home did not have any working smoke or CO detectors at the time of the fire. "The occupant was extremely lucky to have noticed the smoke smell prior to falling asleep," Battalion Chief Camron Vollbrecht added. 

They want to remind the public that the American Red Cross is giving away free smoke detectors along with help installing them. Click here for more information on the free smoke detectors. 
 

Copyright 2020 WDIO-TV LLC, a Hubbard Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved

Advertisement
Advertisement

Duluth Heights Community Center Wins New Outdoor Ice Rink

Dog, Puppies Doing Well After Found Alone in Snowdrift

Hundreds Jump into Superior Bay for Duluth's Polar Plunge

Pearl Harbor Veteran Celebrates A Century Of Life

Winter Barbecue Raises Money for Disabled American Veterans

Two Injured in Snowmobile Crash Near Orr

Advertisement